The Indian Association Cambodia (IAC)
is a non profit Indian Community and Charitable Community Development Association, founded in the year 1993. It is run by an Executive Committee and supported by its General Members. All Members of the Executive Committee are volunteers who give up their time for free and come from all walks of life for the support and development of the Indian and Cambodian relations through various voluntary and community development programs.
The Executive Committee (EC)
of IAC consists of minimum 11 members elected by the General Body (GB). The Executive Committee is made up of a President, Vice President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, Joint Treasurer, Cultural Secretary, Sports Secretary and up to three Executive Committee Board Members with various responsibilities and roles, who help IAC to achieve its objects as set out in its governing constitution. The EC shall represent the IAC in all matters, shall enforce the decisions taken by the GB and shall decide on all matters relating to IAC. The normal tenure of the members of the EC shall be one year.
The Patron of IAC shall be: His/Her Excellency Ambassador of India.
- To develop and promote closer relations amongst Indians
- To foster mutual understanding between Indians, Cambodians and other nationals
- To promote Indian culture and heritage in the Cambodian context and foster inter cultural links
- To help promote bilateral relationship
- To develop links with other Indian Associations in the region.